|Pickup||+ 24 Ammo|
|Pickup Respawn||15 seconds|
|Magazine Size | (Ammo Capacity)|
|8 | (64)|
|Damage||6.25% per missile (?)|
|Reload Time||1.5 seconds|
|Range||Effective at short range|
| - Can be locked-on or dumb-fired|
- Dumb-fired in volleys of 2
- Locked-on in volleys of up to 8
Swarm Lasers are small missiles that leave a brilliant purple trail in their wake. They move erratically, making for stellar light shows when there are multiple swarms on-screen.
When dumb-fired, Swarm Lasers come in volleys of two. Swarms can be locked-on to airborne targets in a maximum salvo of eight warheads, either stacked on one target or distributed among multiple assailants.
The Swarm guidance system is not as robust as the Homing Missile, but Swarms make up for this with their ability to be fired in great number.
Earning kills with the Swarm Lasers increases your mastery of it.
|100 Kills||500 Kills||1500 Kills|
- Enemy pilots can mistake one locked-on Swarm Laser for one locked-on Homing Missile and subsequently deploy Flares, leaving them vulnerable to another, more dangerous attack.
- Firing salvos of eight Swarm Lasers also makes for an effective scare tactic.
- The Swarm Lasers "replace" the AAS-21 Fast-Tracking Active Radar Swarm Missile System from Warhawk.
|Hawk Weapons in Starhawk|
|Air Mines • Cloak • Cluster Bombs • Flak Cannon • Homing Missile • Shield • Swarm Laser • Torpedo|
|Flares • Hawk Health • Hawk Machine Gun • Stomp|